Registrations are now open for a very exciting and unique expedition I am co-leading with Professional Nature and Wildlife Photographer Daniel Bergmann to Antarctica in November 2013. This has been a trip more than 8 months in the planning and has been designed and structured to provide the very best possible photographic opportunities. It also includes some truly unique features and opportunities that I am really excited about.
The expedition is for a strictly limited number of 50 participants plus leaders and expedition guide and will offer an extended period in Antarctica (15 Day / 14 night Expedition). You will get more time amongst the ice and wildlife in Antarctica than any other photographic trip offers. Whilst most trips to Antarctica take 100+ tourists we are capping the trip at a maximum of 50 dedicated photographers in order to ensure the best possible experience and photographic opportunities. We will be using an ice hardened expedition ship with a highly experienced crew in order to ensure we can get as close as possible to big ice and place you in the best locations for making photographs. Our expedition ship the ‘Polar Pioneer’ is equipped with sufficient zodiacs and crew for all photographers to be shooting simultaneously with plenty of room to spare for camera equipment.The expedition departs on the 9th of November 2013 and returns on the 23rd of November 2013 and includes very special access into areas normally restricted to scientific research, as well as taking in amazing locations such as the breathtaking Lemaire Channel, the Gerlache Strait and the surreal geothermal Deception Island, to name but a few. There is a fly return from the Falkland Islands; which avoids the worst of the Drake Passage and allows us more time in Antarctica as well as the opportunity to visit and photograph in the the wildlife rich Falkland Islands. There is also an option to stay on in the Falklands for each person for as long as they wish. Flights run once a week out of the Falklands with LAN Chile.
KEY FEATURES OF THIS EXPEDITION
- Strictly Limited to a maximum of 50 participants (much smaller than most other trips to Antarctica, more personal space and the ability for everyone to go ashore and work from zodiacs simultaneously)
- Ice Hardened Expedition Class Ship
- 15 Day Trip (Most trips are only 10 days), which means more time for photography
- Access to areas of Antarctica dedicated to scientific research
- The expedition is dedicated to photography first and foremost; which means we will be spending the maximum amount of time possible shooting from ship, shore and zodiac.
- Added experience of Wildlife in the Falkland Islands and the ability to stay on after the trip in the Falklands.
Prices quoted are in US Dollars, per person, twin share. Single Occupancy is 1.7 times the twin share price. No single supplement applies if you are willing to share your cabin (triple and twin cabins only). Deposit to secure your place is $1,250 USD with balance not due until 90 days before date of departure.
- Triple Share Cabin $9,990 per person (Only One Left)
- Twin Share Cabin $11,500 per person
- Twin Private $13,200 per person
- Mini-Suite $14,200 per person (Only One Left)
- Captains Suite $14,900 per person
- Flight to Punta Arenas from the Falkland Islands $660
Positions are strictly filled on a first come, first served basis and once they are filled thats it (some berths and cabins are already booked and spoken for). If you are excited by the idea of travelling to Antarctica with a small group of dedicated photographers you may register your interest by contacting me via email. To get an idea of the sort of photographs you can take on this expedition please visit the Antarctica portfolio on my website at www.jholko.com