Today I am very excited to announce a brand new and unique expedition to the Great White continent in November 2017 next year – Antarctica: White Nature. This new and very special expedition is a co-operative effort between myself and Norwegian photographer and friend Ole Jorgen Liodden.
Antarctica is miraculous; a remote, white continent of stark and beautiful desolation. For Nature photographers, Antarctica is without doubt the gold standard against which all other photography destinations are measured. Nowhere else on earth offers such incredible landscape and wildlife in such a pristine and remote environment. Best of all, we have timed our expedition as the first of the season in order to provide the best possible chance for fantastic icebergs and great light. Our expedition is a full charter which means we are 100% dedicated to providing the best possible experience and opportunities for photography. Unlike most trips to our Antarctica you wont have to share with tourists or regular travellers. You will be sharing with people who are just as dedicated and passionate as you are about capturing the best possible photographs.
The expedition is for a strictly limited number of 54 participants plus photography guides and expedition leader. We have chartered the ice hardened expedition ship M/S Polar Pioneer with a highly experienced crew so that we can get as close as possible to giant icebergs for the best photographs. Our expedition ship the ‘Polar Pioneer’ is equipped with sufficient zodiacs and crew for all photographers to be shooting simultaneously with plenty of room to spare for camera equipment. So bring what you need!
The main focus of this expedition will be Antarctic wildlife including penguins, seabirds, seals, and possibly even whales. We also plan to photograph snow and ice covered landscapes and icebergs. Our expedition has been timed as the first of the season so we expect fantastic icebergs and a breathtaking winter landscape. Very few photographers have visited Antarctica in early November, and experience has shown us that this will give you the best possible photo opportunities.
Antarctica is one of the hot-spots for photographing penguins, seals and icebergs in a great landscape. We will be landing early in the morning and late in the evening to get the best possible light conditions, which you will miss out on an ordinary tourist trip.
We will schedule much longer stops than usual when going ashore in order to provide participants with enough time to get excellent pictures. We will be using MKV zodiac boats to get ashore or when searching for the wildlife at sea. With 9-10 full days near the Antarctic Peninsula, this expedition is for nature photographers who want more quality time with the Antarctic wildlife and landscape. To get an idea of the sort gf photographs you will be able to make on this expedition please visit the Antarctica Portfolio on my website.
WHY TRAVEL TO ANTARCTICA WITH US?
• Unlike most tourist cruises to Antarctica, where you are sharing space with regular travelers, our expedition is a full charter dedicated to providing the best possible photographic experience for all aboard. You will be sharing the expedition only with dedicated and passionate photographers.
• Our expedition uses an ice hardened ship that is limited to the small group size of just 54 photographers. IATTO restrictions enforce the number of visitors to Antarctica rigorously. With only 54 photographers you will not miss any opportunity or suffer any landing restrictions due to large passenger numbers.
• Our expedition has been timed as the rst in the season in order to provide the very best opportunities for great light and fantastic icebergs. Very few photographers have traveled to Antarctica in November.
• Photography on our expedition is our primary focus and concern (after safety). Our catering staff understand our requirement to be working when the light is at its best. As such our meal times are exible and not regimented to ensure we maximize all opportunities.
• Our program is 100% tailored towards photography.
• The photography guide leaders: Joshua Holko and Ole Jorgen Liodden are both full time professional Nature photographers who specialize in Polar Photography and who have a combined total of twelve seasons of experience and more than twenty four expeditions to Antarctica.
• Our Expedition Leader Martin Enckell has spent more than ten summers in Antarctica and is widely regarded as one of the most experienced expedition leaders in Antarctica.
• Our Naturalist Eirik Grønningsæter is also a professional Nature photographer with more than eight years experience in Antarctica.
• Our expanded photographic guide team is quite simply the best in the business. With a combined total of well over sixty expeditions to Antarctica our guides know and understand what you are looking for in your photography and are dedicated to ensuring you capture the best possible images during the expedition.
• Check out some of our previous Expedition Videos
WHAT PREVIOUS PARTICIPANTS SAY ABOUT OUR EXPEDITIONS:
“After traveling with Joshua Holko and Wild Nature Photo Travel I simply can’t imagine going with anyone else. These guys are the real deal.” – Robyn Mills – Photographer
“If you want to experience and photograph the real Antarctica, look no further than Joshua Holko and Wild Nature Photo Travel” – Martyn Lucas – Photographer
We invite you to join us on a 14 days (13 nights) photography expedition to the Antarctic Peninsula in November 2017. due to our initial expressions of interest and bookings places are already very limited. If you would like more information or would like to register your booking please contact me via email. You can download a detailed PDF booking form HERE. Get ready for the ultimate Antarctica White Nature Expedition!