First look and review of the brand new, soon to be released Gura Gear 13″ and 16″ Chobe carry-on camera bags. Includes in depth thoughts and commentary comparing the original 15″ Chobe and how it compares to the new 13″ and 16″ models. Even includes how you can fit a 400mm f2.8L Camera lens in all three bags!
1. Enables 2nd curtain shooting sync during radio transmission wireless flash shooting when the Speedlite EL-1 flash is attached to the camera.
2. Enables manual flash output (excluding high-speed sync and optical transmission wireless flash shooting) to be selected and set up to 1/8192 from the camera menu screen when the Speedlite EL-1 flash is attached to the camera.
3. Improves compatibility of HEIF images recorded in the camera with MIAF (Multi-Image Application Format) standards.
4. Fixes the phenomenon that may result in the occurrence of time-out under certain conditions during FTP transfer.
Firmware Version 1.3.0 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.2.1. If the camera’s firmware is already Version 1.3.0, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
Once the EOS-1D X Mark III is updated to Firmware Version 1.3.0 (or later), it cannot be restored to a previous firmware version (Version 1.0.0 to 1.2.1).
The following Applications have been updated accordingly:
・Digital Photo Professional 4.13.10
・EOS Utility 3.13.10
・Camera Connect 2.7.20
・Digital Photo Professional Express 1.4.0
Please download the Applications as well as the latest firmware.
I am very pleased to announce that Gura Gear is launching the long-awaited update to the original Everday Carry, Chobe 2.0 on the Kickstarter platform and it is now available to Pre-Order! This is without doubt one of the most anticipated and requested camera bags on the planet. The original Chobe has been my go to carry on accessory bag for nearly a decade now and I am really excited to get my hands on the new model with all of its improvements. Perhaps best of all, the Chobe can now be ordered in either a 13″ or 16″ version to suit your travel laptop – perfect. Chobe can be ordered online by clicking on the image below.
It isn’t very often I get excited about a camera bag these days; but today might just be an exception. Gura Gear have just announced the worlds best carry on travel accessory bag for photographers is about to be re-released in an upgraded an improved 2.0 version – The Chobe 2.0.
I have been using the Chobe for years as my ‘go to’ carry on bag for my laptop and accessories when travelling ever since it was first released. It has been to every continent on the planet and done well over 250 flights. It has been kicked around ship cabins, thrown into hotel rooms, soaked in zodiac rides and buried in snow. It is probably the first camera bag I have owned that I have literally worn out and I have been waiting for a replacement for some time now. The Chobe 2.0 is going to be available in both 13″ and 16″ sizes to accomodate either a 13″ or 16″ Macbook Pro and should be available to preorder shortly.
Canon has quietly released new firmware for the EOS 1DX MK3. There are several noted improvements, including further enhanced Auto Focus. Firmware can be downloaded from Canon’s website.
Firmware Version 1.2.1 incorporates the following fix:
1. Fixes a phenomenon, in which, after updating the camera’s firmware to version 1.2.0, the Smart Controller may respond slowly or not at all on some cameras. *)
*) The phenomenon described above may occur in cameras whose first two digits of the serial number are “01” “02” “03” or “04”.
Firmware Version 1.2.1 also incorporates the following fixes and enhancements from Firmware Version 1.2.0:
1. Enhancements when using Browser Remote:
– The image list displayed will be refreshed automatically on the browser.
– On the shooting screen of the browser, you can set the movie resolution and a high frame rate.
– On the shooting screen of the browser, you can change the movie shooting mode.
– On the shooting screen of the browser, Live View will be displayed as soon as you select the movie shooting button.
2. Enhances Auto Focus (AF) for improved face and eye recognition at greater distances.
3. Fixes a phenomenon that may occur during viewfinder shooting, in which the shutter may not be released or the camera may not operate in the following settings:
– In One-Shot AF mode, when the AF Area Selection Mode is set as Zone AF, Large Zone AF or Automatic Selection AF.
– In AI Servo AF, when direct AF point selection is made using the smart controller.
– When the Register/Recall Shooting Function is assigned to the AE Lock button, in the Custom Controls.
4. Connectivity during FTP transmission, has been improved.
5. Improves Wi-Fi connectivity when using the Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E9.
6. Fixes a phenomenon, in which the card access time may take longer, when using certain CFexpress cards.
This firmware update is for cameras equipped with firmware up to Version 1.2.0. If the camera’s firmware is already Version 1.2.1, this update is unnecessary.When updating the firmware of your camera, please first review the instructions thoroughly.