It is fair to say that the pandemic and global shutdown that is currently ongoing has made for a rather troubling start to the 2020 year. There is a lot of uncertainty and doubt around the new self isolation, social distancing and travel restrictions that are in place around the world. And, there is of course obvious doubt and concern around current and future travel – wether it be personal or business.
There have been a number of enquiries made over the last couple of weeks to my Wild Nature Photo Travel business regarding how to safely book onto a future workshop or expedition to both avoid missing out on a place and to avoid any potential financial loss should a trip fail to run. Given the current state of affairs I am now holding places on future trips without deposits and without further obligation at this point. This allows anyone to safely put their name down for a future trip without the concern of having to place a non-refundable deposit. Trips will then be formalised much closer to their planned starting date and payments arranged at this time should anyone wish to proceed. There is absolutely no obligation to proceed if for any reason you are prevented from travel, or choose not to travel for any reason. In effect, this new system allows anyone to hold a place on any trip without deposit and to cancel for any reason up to the point payments will be finalised (typically 90 days prior to commencement of a workshop/expedition).
This new booking methodology is being put in place immediately to ease any concerns regarding wether an expedition or workshop will proceed and will apply to all future bookings from today (10th April 2020) until further notice. If there are any queries or questions regarding holding a place on a future trip please do not hesitate to drop me an email at any time.
For workshops and expeditions where payments have already been received each trip is being dealt with on an individual basis in the interests of the attendees and the successful execution of the trip. In some cases this will mean deferral of the trip until a later date.