Ellesmere Island Expedition Underway

Earlier today I arrived in Ottawa, Canada via Vancouver. My flight out of Sydney Australia was delayed nearly four hours, but thankfully this had no impact on my ongoing connections. The day after tomorrow, the expedition team and I will be heading to Iqaluit (where we will have to overnight) and then onward to Arctic Bay, Resolute, and finally Grise fiord. From Grise fiord, we will overnight for final preparations before we head out on snowmobiles into the wilderness in search of wildlife.

I do want to take a moment and acknowledge one member of our expedition team who has had to make the very difficult decision to cancel their flights just 24 hours before their departure due to COVID symptoms and close contact exposure. You will be missed and we will most definitely have you firmly in mind as we make our way out into the wilderness.

This will be my last post until we return from Ellesmere Island. See you on the other side.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s