Canon has released a fairly significant firmware update for the Canon EOS R3. There is also new firmware for those shooting the EOS R5 that includes 400 MP IBIS Pixel shift.
This firmware includes the following improvements and fixes:
- Compatible with Speedlite EL-5. * The automatic dimming function of the AF-assist light is not supported.
- Added [Priority for registered persons] to the menu. It is now possible to prioritize detection and tracking of pre-registered people.
- Depending on the scene or shooting environment, where the face is small, oblique or profile, part of the face is hidden, or the subject has movement, the effect may not be achieved.
- Added [Save and read communication settings to card] to the menu. Network settings can now be transferred between cameras of the same model.
- Added [Sink Shooting Assist] to the menu. When shooting with a compatible lens, “image stabilization” and “subject stabilization” are performed during exposure.
- With the Auto White Balance (AWB) setting, the time it takes for AWB results to be reflected in the viewfinder when looking through the viewfinder has been reduced.
- Added “Image Protection” for FTP transfer to the menu. Images transferred via FTP can now be automatically protected. This allows you to determine whether the image has been transferred by FTP.
- Fixed minor bugs.