After multiple phone calls to Virgin Blue, American Express and Air New Zealand I have just been able to secure a seat on a delayed (due to volcanic ash) Air New Zealand flight to Christchurch late this afternoon that was scheduled to leave this morning. That is the good news. The bad news is the single ticket was about the same as a one way ticket to Las Angeles and that the flight may still be cancelled. Currently Christchurch airport is closed and a decision is pending wether to re-open it for flights later today. Thankfully the ridiculously priced aire fare is fully refundable should the flight be cancelled. I wont know until later this afternoon if the flight is actually leaving. Until then its more waiting time at the airport…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s