With time marching ever onward my brief respite at home in Australia after my recent Svalbard High Arctic expedition (Read the Trip Report) has already come to an end and early tomorrow morning I am heading back to the airport to start the trek back north (via London and Copenhagen) for my 2019 workshop to the Faroe Islands with good friend Martyn Lucas.
Packing for the Faroe Islands is a bit of a compromise for me. Although the primary emphasis on this workshop is definitely landscape, we will also be taking the opportunity to photograph Atlantic Puffins and the many sea birds found along the Islands precipitous sea cliffs. As such, I need to pack some wildlife kit as well as my usual landscape equipment. Although I could probably get by with just my 100-400mm lens for the Puffins the reality is that I know I will miss the 400mm 2.8L IS MK3 and as such this lens is a must take for me. With that in mind, my equipment for this workshop as follows:
– Canon EOS R Mirrorless Camera with RRS L Bracket (and spare batteries)
– Canon EOS RF to EF Adapter
– Canon 16-35mm F4L
– Canon 24-70mm F4L IS
– Canon 100-400mm F3.5 – 5.6 IS MKII
– Canon EOS 1DX MKII (with spare battery)
– Canon 400mm F2.8L IS MKIII
– Nisi Filter Kit including Graduated ND Filters, ND Filters and Circular Polariser
– Gitzo Carbon Fibre Tripod with Arca Swiss D4 Geared Head
– Cable Release
The Faroe Islands have long been on my list to photograph as part of a workshop and I am really excited to get underway with a small group of passionate attendees. See you in the Faroes in a few days! The below photograph courtesy Martyn Lucas.
One thought on “Faroe Islands Workshop 2019 Packing List”