Canon has today updated the firmware for the Pro EOS 1DX MK3. Unfortunately, there is still no animal eye detection in the update; although it does include improved head detection as noted below.
Firmware Version 1.6.0 incorporates the following enhancements and fixes:
1. Improves head detection performance to support helmets or goggles in winter sports.
2. Eliminates the center press operation of the multi-controller to prevent accidentally transferring images during FTP transfer.
3. Adds the ability, when the Rating function is assigned to the Protect/Voice memo button, for voice memos to now be recorded by pressing and holding the button.
4. Adds the ability, when using EOS Utility or Browser Remote for remote shooting with two cards inserted, to set the recording method and to select which card to be recorded to.
5. Changes the default value of [Connection option settings], [FTP transfer settings], and [Power saving] to [Disable].
6. Changes the default value of [FTP server] → [Passive mode] to [Enable].
7. Improves operation stability during FTP transfer.
8. Fixes an issue, in which noise occurs along the edges of bright subjects when using Canon Log for movie recording.
Firmware Version 1.6.0 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.5.0. If the camera’s firmware is already Version 1.6.0, it is not necessary to update the firmware.